I need to save this long-term, so I'm condensing and linking it here. What makes a great teacher, based on actual research, is different in some respects from what people tend to believe based on their own biases.
Good Teachers May Not Fit The Mold
So what makes a good teacher? Verbal and cognitive ability, Adequate knowledge of their content areas, and Knowledge of how to teach their subject areas (pedagogical knowledge).
What doesn't matter? Traditional licensure or credentials, Advanced degrees, and Extensive classroom experience.
The intangibles: Belief that all students can learn, Belief in their own abilities, and Ability to connect with students
It really is a pretty awesome article linked above, you should read it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Labels
FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed
About Me
- Michael.Gier
- I have composed a remarkably concise description of myself, which 1,200 characters is too small to contain.
No comments:
Post a Comment